Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm sitting here reading the New York Times. There is an article about the sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church. The Belgian headquarters of the Church got raided last week. I watched the semifinals of Wimbledon today and I'm really sad that Andy Murray lost. The Irish government was brought down in 1994 when it botched the case of a pedophile priest. All of this news is really sad for me because I'm a Catholic. The current pope was involved in cases involving apparitions of Mary. They were also trying to stop liberation theology in South America. I hear a bird chirping. The Vatican recently claimed that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith only applied to priests who solicited sex in the confessional. Last year 513 people made allegations of sexual abuse against 346 priests. There is also an article in the paper about the Russian spy case. I finished "Birdwatcher" and now it's time to wrap up this post. Now it's dark and it's time to go to bed we are going to the store tomorrow to get the ribs for the Fouth of July lunch that my mother and I are going to make. Good night from the blogosphere! It's time to clean up my inbox and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment