Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ikeep having to start over with this post. I'm sitting here listening to the radio and it's raining cats and dogs here in Birmingham. I went to an art show here in Birmingham and watched a little news about the situation in the Gulf Coast oil spill and now they are playing a song called Sister Christian, earlier they played Van Halen Pat Benatar and Kansas "Dust in the Wind" which is about death. Now they're p;aying Led Zeppelin I forget the name of the song. But it's not one of my favorite songs by them. It's really hard to find really good station here in Birmingham we pretty much have to take what we can get. This station gives away money if you listen early on and get the song of the day and then call in you get $500! Pretty good deal if you ask me but I'm never up early enough to listen to the radio and since I don't have to do anything tomorrow I'm going to sleep late. Now U2 ia on with "Pride in the Name of Love" and that's one of my favorites, it's about Martin Luther King but their lyrics are all really spiritual and Bono really can write some really good spiritual lyrics and the Edge plays a mean guitar.Now it's ending but that's a really pretty song. Earlier songs were Pat Benatar now the Eagles are on the station is called the Eagle. It's about a divorce . There is a story in the New York Times about the incident in Times Square that happened last night. I saw the coverage of the incident on MSNBC this afternoon as well as the President's speech in Lousiana in which he promised the government is going to help. Now Billy Joel is on and you can actually call and get your song on. Now Foreigner in with their hit "Hotblooded". The shows on Broadway were late by about 15 to 30 minutes. The incident took place at about six thirty Eastern time or about five thirty my time it was breaking news last night on MSNBC. Earlier I watched the press conference with the New York Police Department on MSNBC and saw the president in Louisiana getting rained on! That was kind of funny, I thought the President was funnier than Jay Leno at the White House Correspondents Dinner last night. It's time to wrap up this post but the article in the New York Times is about the incident in Times Square theatres were late starting their shows on Broadway. Some police officer told one lady to get out of the place since she wasn't able to get to her hotel. There is also an article in the paper about the oil slick off of the Louisiana Coast. It's an environmental disaster. Now Simple Minds, from Scotland, is on with their beautiful song "Don't You Forget About Me", it's one of my all-time favorites. I remember one night a long time ago I was making fettucini Alfredo with my sister and it came on the radio as we cooked. They have a singer, Jim Kerr, who was married to Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders. I think they're divorced now, I don't have my rock star news so I wouldn't know. Now AC/DC is on, earlier I heard U2 singing about Martin Luther King with their classic "Pride in the Name of Love". Now AC/DC is singing about the Highway to Hell! There is also an article in the New York Times about the oil spill in Louisiana. It's an environmental disaster and as an environmentalist I think it's really sad. It's killing birds, fish, and southern Louisiana is in trouble. So is Florida. The President got wet at his speech which I saw on MSNBC. The spill is killing the vegetation in Louisiana. It's a terrible. Now I'm listening to a song called "Rock n Roll Fantasy" another favorite of mine. Classic rock radio isn't really my favorite format, I like a more contemporary sound, but the radio station situation here in Birmingham is really bad, all the good stations go down because they don't make enough money and they are all talk. They took my station off the air and substituted Sean Hannity, who is just a pig. I don't like him at all. Now Rod Stewart is on. Good night from the blogosphere, it's time to end this post, drink my Coke and go to bed. I might read a little after I take my medicine. There is also an article in the New York Times about the financial crisis in Greece. The wealthy aren't paying their taxes, according to the article. I'm going to end this post, drink my Coke and go to bed and maybe read a little more of the paper. Kindles are sort of quirky. I haven't had to recharge mine for two days but I'm sure I'll have to recharge it tomorrow. You get a notice on your screen that the Kindle's battery is low and it tells you to plug it in and recharge it. Mine's working now but you never know when it's going to so There is a culture of corruption in Greece. Now Cat Stevens is on the radio, "Wild World". They played AC/DC early on there is good contrast between U2 and AC/CD!

No comments:

Post a Comment