Sunday, May 30, 2010

There is an article in the New York Times about the oil spill. BP has started drilling two relief wells but they're not going to be done until August. They tried top kill for three days and it didn't work. The spill is going to get worse. The President is spending the Memorial Day weekend in Chicago. He put out a statement yesterday on it. He commented on top kill and the fact that it didn't work. The whole thing started on April 20.People are upset and angry about the oil spill. I'll bet alot of brown pelicans have been killed. Now there aren't any birds outside they've all gone to sleep I just hear the crickets you hear at this time of year. People in Louisiana are upset and disappointed at the news of the oil spill. The leak is gushing 12,000 to 19,000 barrels a day into the Gulf. Some one said it was like a bad movie that wouldn't end. My parents are watching a movie or something on TV, maybe a teaching company CD. There's never any news on TV on the weekend only "Lockup" on MSNBC and Newsroom on CNN. All the news programs on Sunday are in the morning when I'm in church. We are having elections in two days I'm going to be tuning in to watch the election returns to see who wins our primaries. I'm going to be voting for Ron Sparks, a Democrat. We have a guy running Tim James who's a klutz and I sure don't want him for governor. People from the universities are commenting on how to stop the oil spill. It's affecting the southern part of Alabama and Louisiana meanwhile the hurricane season has started a storm is in Central America and it rained here today I got wet when I went to church today. There is also an article about some women military who are teaching Afghan women how to sew stuff that they can sell at the local bazaar. There is also an article about how cutting back on salt can help your health. I'm a salt addict there's no cure for a salt addiction but there are worse things than being addicted to salt. My parents are still downstairs. We'll see who wins our elections in just two days on Tuesday. I have a beautiful bird book that we've all gotten alot of enjoyment out of. It's time to end this post so good night from the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment