Friday, May 28, 2010

I spent all afternoon beading. I saw a picture of the President on the beach in Louisiana scooping up an oil bead, kneeling, on the BBC news. There is an article in the New York Times about abortion clinics, including one that was bombed here in 1998. I remember that bombing, it went off in the early hours of the day and it was Eric Rudolph who did the bombing. It's about a law that requires ultrasounds before women can get abortions. My state was the first state to pass a law requiring sonograms and ultrasounds before a woman can get an abortion. Oklahoma has a law requiring one too. I put my beading away and now I'm reading the paper. Twenty states require them the newspaper doesn't mention all twenty of them. Our clinic is called the New Woman All Women Health Care clinic. Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana all require the test. Personally I think abortion is a necessary evil. I don't like it as a Catholic but I don't want to force my views on something as volatile and personal as abortion. It should be the woman's choice. We have separation of church and state in this country and I don't think the church should run the country and tell people what to do. People need to have choices. There is also an article in the paper about a guy who is ripping off stars and heiresses, including Annie Leibovitz and one of the Mellons. His name is Kenneth Starr. There is also an article about the House repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell this post is a big one I'm going to close this now it's time to drink my Coke and go to bed it's ten thirty at night so I'm going to close this post now. Good night from the blogosphere! Barney Frank who is openly gay noted that the Israeli military does not bar gays and lesbians and they have a great military. Don't Ask Don't Tell is a really bad policy it's gotten many needed translators and talented people kicked out of the military. It's time to end this post and sign off for tonight. Even Joe Lieberman doesn't like Don't Ask Don't Tell. It's time to end this post and drink my bedtime Coke and clean up this post and go to bed. I won't be blogging this Thursday night because I have to be at the doctor at 7:45 in the morning. What a pain! Well this time I mean it good night from the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment