Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tonight I watched the Rachel Maddow show. She talked about health care reform and the need to pass the bill. She interviewed Howard Dean and he supports the bill and thinks it should be passed and will be passed. Last night she talked about Stupak and how he doesn't listen to nuns who support the bill, only bishops! That was insulting to nuns and as a Catholic I don't like it when nuns are insulted. The bishops are really on the case of the politicians about abortion. I don't much like abortion but it's a bad idea to send women to back alley abortions. The Catholic bishops are opposed to the health care bill because of abortion. But I'm not a one-issue voter. There are other issues that concern me as a Catholic, like poverty and health care and other things. Mother Angelica is not my favorite nun because she's too conservative and I don't watch EWTN because they run news programs from conservative Christian networks that don't represent my views. Now Stupak has opposition in Michigan and I hope she wins. I forget her name but I'm sure we'll be hearing more about her before too long. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment