Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I don't know about you but I'm not a football fan. There has been all of this talk about the Super Bowl, but I couldn't care less about the game. I just read in the paper that the President is inviting the Republicans to watch the game with him. He is also asking them to visit him at Camp David. I don't know, he might be taking this bipartisan thing too far. The Republicans have his health care legislation stalled and the Democrats lost Ted Kennedy's seat in Massachusetts so now they only have 59 votes, not enough to hold off a filibuster. He also is looking for ways to solve the deficit problem. This spending freeze of his is angering liberals but he campaigned as a progressive and now he is having to get the votes where he can get them even if it is Republicans. He is also trying to push through a jobs plan. Yesterday he was in New Hampshire, using football analogies for his health care lesislation. Nest post I'll post about my favorite sport, figure skating, I just got Dorothy Hamill's book and I'll be reading it and watching the skating in the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment